This comprehensive textbook covers the theory of operation, diagnostics, and repair procedures for each system and subsystem of late model domestic and imported automobiles and light trucks. The new edition is published in full color for the first time, including all new step-by-step photo sequences to help users visualize and identify common repair procedures. The technical content has been both updated and improved. An emphasis is placed upon providing the best possible coverage of key topics virtually all automotive ...
This comprehensive textbook covers the theory of operation, diagnostics, and repair procedures for each system and subsystem of late model domestic and imported automobiles and light trucks. The new edition is published in full color for the first time, including all new step-by-step photo sequences to help users visualize and identify common repair procedures. The technical content has been both updated and improved. An emphasis is placed upon providing the best possible coverage of key topics virtually all automotive technicians must know electricity-electronics, engine performance, steering and suspension and brakes. "Hot Topics" such as the use of diagnostic equipment (including lab scopes), hazardous materials management, OBDII, electronic automatic transmissions, anti-lock braking systems, air-conditioning refrigerants and retrofitting, passive restraint systems and many others have been expanded and updated. Key new teaching tools, including 100 full-color transparency acetates, and Power- Point based lecture outlines, have been added to make the teaching package the best available. This textbook is also accompanied by an extensive Tech Manual that includes an all-new electronic study guide.
Fair. Good copy for reading, may have heavy page wear with writing textual notes highlighting or be an heavily used ex library copy with library markings, stickers or stamps. Dust jacket or accessories may not be included.
I love this book. For the weekend mechanic I feel this is the best general reference book I've purchase so far. I use it to diagnose the problem then head to my local library to check out the shop service manual for the specific car.
It is a large book - 1401 pages, ISBN-10: 1401848311. There are many color photographs and 52 illustrated how-to photo sequences. Many tips and tricks of the trade. Glossary that is in English and Español. CD with video clips on 45 automotive concepts - System Requirements: Windows 98, ME 2000, XP Pentium Class Processor or higher, Windows Media Player 9.
1. Careers in the Automotive Industry
2. Workplace Skills
3. Working Safely in the Shop
4. Automotive Systems and Preventive Maintenance
5. Hand Tools and Shop Equipment
6. Diagnostic Equipment and Specials Tools
7. Basic Theories and Math
8. Automotive Engine Designs and Diagnosis
9. Engine Disassembly
10. Short Blocks
11.Cylinder Heads, Camshafts, and Valve Trains
12. Lubricating and Cooling Systems
13. Engine Sealing and Reassembly 14. Basics of Electrical Systems
15. Basics of Electronics
16. General Electrical System Diagnostics and Service
17. Batteries: Theory, Diagnosis, and Service
18. Starting Systems
19. Charging Systems
20. Lighting Systems
21. Electrical Instrumentation
22. Electrical Accessories
23. Restraint Systems: Theory, Diagnosis, and Service
24. Ignition Systems
25. Ignition System Diagnosis and Service
26. Fuels and Other Energy Sources
27. Fuel Delivery Systems
28. Electronic Fuel Injection 29. Fuel Injection System Diagnosis and Service
30. Intake and Exhaust
31. Emission Control Systems
32. Emission Control Diagnosis and Service
33. On-Board Diagnostic Systems 34. On-Board Diagnostic System Diagnosis and Service
36. Manual Transmissions and Transaxles
37. Manual Transmission and Transaxle Service
38. Drive Axles and Differentials 39. Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles
40. Automatic Transmission and Transaxle Service
41. Four- and All-Wheel Drive
42. Tires and Wheels
43. Suspension Systems 44. Steering Systems
45. Wheel Alignment
46. Brake Systems
47.Drum Brakes 48. Disc Brakes
49. Antilock Brake, Traction Control, and Stability Control Systems
50. Heating and Air Conditioning
51. Heating and Air Conditioning Diagnosis and Service
Alibris, the Alibris logo, and Alibris.com are registered trademarks of Alibris, Inc.
Copyright in bibliographic data and cover images is held by Nielsen Book Services Limited, Baker & Taylor, Inc., or by their respective licensors, or by the publishers, or by their respective licensors. For personal use only. All rights reserved. All rights in images of books or other publications are reserved by the original copyright holders.