Recent Book, Music, and Movie Discussions

Bob Miller
Discussion about What Was That Book?

Solve a Mystery from the 1960's

I'm trying to identify the name of a book I read as a child, certainly pre-teen (likely 45 years ago). The only memory I can share is that children were fleeing through the Norwegian woods and fiords. Like the fragment of an old song - or an interrupted dream - this literary snippet has gnawed at ... More

2 Replies
Last: 2 weeks ago
Arlen
Discussion about General

Two different books: one ISBN number?

I have purchased a book book (Moravian Gun Making : Of the American Revolution by Kentucky Rifle Association) from Alibris through an Ebay company, half.com. It seems that two books share the same ISBN-10: 1885457146 and ISBN-13: 9781885457141 Book: Moravian Gun Making : Of the American Revolution ... More

gary

Where is this book?

Two years ago I ran into a book that i thought was interesting if not a bit shocking. It was titled, "A Coincidence of Interests" and dealt with debunking Conspiracy theories in power and politics in a way that actually confirmed them. But the woman who wrote it described it another much more ... More

Christine G

Medieval Romance Book

I am looking for a historical romance book; I can't remember the title or author. I read it sometime in the last three years, but it was a secondhand book, so the book could be older than that. It starts with a siege on a castle by the hero. The hero is an illegitimate son that has laid siege ... More

2 Replies
Last: on April 3, 2017
shelly

trying to find a trilogy

i read a romance trilogy a long time ago about a blonde women pirate who was a stow away/prisoner in the first book and ended up falling in love with the pirate captin and eventually obtained her own ship and in the end of the series they both retired in the mediterrian living in a little cottage and ... More

1 Reply
languagejunkie

Please help me find a (chick lit) book! I can't remember the title or the author!

The book had a cartoonish drawing of a house on the cover, and possibly a movie camera as well. A woman (who has a young son) is hired to cater a prominent event (it may have been a wedding, but it may have also had something to do with the film crew that I believe was also involved in the plot somehow ... More

2 Replies
Lany F.

Medieval Romance about black widow

This woman has buried 3 husbands, and she's come to be known as a black widow, specifically because her husbands all died mysteriously. A knight comes to investigate her, decides to marry her, and brings along his son. It ends up being that the lady's main confidante was actually murdering her husband ... More

1 Reply
Vicki Roudonis

Looking for a book on collecting

I had a book from the late 80's or early 90's that was about collecting. I don't believe it was a Lyle. It was not focused on any particular type of item but was, instead, an overview of just about every conceivable area of interest. It gave a one page summary of the particular area of interest and ... More

1 Reply
David
Discussion about Book Collecting

Another "help, who does this belong to" query

This one's a bookplate with the owner's name stripped off it; I'm hoping someone will recognize the plate and know the owner to whom it corresponds. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B56JMVaiYIJiai03aU15Q0pVd1Y5X2F4dUl2M2h1b2w4U1NZ

David
Discussion about Book Collecting

Can anyone ID this inscription

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B56JMVaiYIJiMnBlVW1YMWp1NUU I believe it says Clover Cup. I'm wondering if anyone knows to whom this inscription belongs. Thanks!