Incorporated in 1956, the history of Schaumburg dates back to the mid-19th century when the area was settled by German immigrants. Originally known as Sarah's Grove, the name was never formally adopted, and until 1851 the area's official name was Township 41. Legend has it that during a township meeting in 1850, prominent German landowner Frederick Nerge put his fist down on the table and declared, "Schaumburg ichall et heiten!" meaning "It will be called Schaumburg" or literally "Schaumburg it shall be." Derived from the ...

Schaumburg 2004, Arcadia Publishing (SC), Charleston, SC

ISBN-13: 9780738533506

Trade paperback

Schaumburg 2004, Arcadia Publishing Library Editions

ISBN-13: 9781531619091