Maple Shade's history spans more than three centuries, starting when John and Sarah Roberts arrived from Burlington, New Jersey, in 1682. The settlement became more permanent in 1794 when Main Street was constructed, allowing a connection to the King's Highway and to the Cooper River ferry. In 1811, property was set aside for the Chesterford School, also known as the "Little Red Schoolhouse." In 1867, the township gained an identity with a train station and a rail stop. Formerly known as Chester Township, the town was now ...

Maple Shade 2007, Arcadia Publishing (SC), Charleston, SC

ISBN-13: 9780738554921

Trade paperback

Select
Maple Shade 2007, Arcadia Publishing Library Editions

ISBN-13: 9781531634834

Hardcover

Select