Located on the banks of the Delaware River, Fort Mott was once part of a three-fort system that protected the ports and industry of New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. When completed in 1896, Fort Mott was one of the most technologically advanced fortifications of the period. Originally called the Battery at Finns Point, in 1897 it was renamed in honor of Maj. Gen. Gershom Mott, a New Jersey native who commanded with distinction during the Civil War and later served as state treasurer and commander of New Jersey s ...

Fort Mott 2013, Arcadia Publishing (SC), Charleston

ISBN-13: 9780738597867

Trade paperback

Select
Fort Mott 2013, Arcadia Publishing Library Editions

ISBN-13: 9781531666026

Hardcover

Select