Situated on the fickle Marshyhope Creek, Federalsburg, has long reached out to Maryland and the rest of the country with trade on its waterways and rails. In 1791, Isaac Nichols called a tract of land in the middle of the eastern shore of Maryland "Rawley." The name became "Federalsburg" in the late 18th century when the small village, consisting of only two streets, was dominated by Federalist influence. Before the Civil War, Federalsburg was involved in the shipbuilding industry; later its energies were invested in mills, ...

Federalsburg: In Vintage Postcards 2003, Arcadia Publishing (SC), Charleston, SC

ISBN-13: 9780738515748

Trade paperback

Select