Baystate Franklin Medical Center

by , ,

-In 1895, Franklin County Public Hospital (FCPH) was founded by 36 citizens led by Dr. Adams Calhoun Deane. The newly incorporated hospital rented the former home of Rev. Dr. Francis Robbins and served 55 patients in its first year of operation. By 1898, FCPH moved to the larger Converse House and then to purpose-built facilities at 164 High Street in 1910. The hospital trained nurses, including Susie Walking Bear Yellowtail, class of 1927, the first Native American graduate in the United States. In 1968, FCPH opened the ...

Currently there are no copies available. However, our inventory changes frequently. Please check back soon or try Book Fetch.