A Wittenberg University Library Catalogue of 1536

by

Write The First Customer Review

The library of the Wittenberg University was established by Frederick the Wise, Elector of Saxony, in 1512. A month after the capture of his heir, John Frederick the Magnanimous at the battle of Muhlberg in May 1547, and a year after the death of Luther, the library was conveyed wholesale to Weimar and then, in 1549 to Jena where many of the books survive. The catalogue edited here was compiled chiefly in 1536 but contains additions up to 1547. This is the university library of Luther and Melanchthon, and this book aims to ...

A Wittenberg University Library Catalogue of 1536 1995, Medieval & Renaissance Texts & Studies

ISBN-13: 9780951881125

Unknown binding

Select