Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Emeryville, CA
Reports to: Manager, Web Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
About Monsoon Commerce
Monsoon Commerce is an e-commerce solutions company powering the online success of merchants. Our solutions help you achieve:
- Multi-channel Simplicity — Streamline your inventory, order, and fulfillment operations across all your channels.
- Marketplace Mastery — Sell more products in more places through leading online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Buy.com.
- Outsourced Expansion — Increase selection and market share through advanced marketplace, supply chain, and fulfillment solutions.
Monsoon Commerce also owns and operates Alibris(www.alibris.com, www.alibris.co.uk), the premier online marketplace for independent sellers of books, music, and movies. An Internet Retailer Top 150 business, Alibris connects millions of consumers to tens of thousands of sellers from over 50 countries.
Our more than 20,000 customers span virtually every online category are comprised of marketplace-only sellers and 2500 online merchants and multi-channel retailers including more than 100 of the Internet Retailer 1000. In partnering with Monsoon Commerce, our customers commonly experience a level of success that is both impactful and enduring—at times, even transformational. We call it the Monsoon Effect.
With corporate headquarters in the San Francisco Bay area, Monsoon Commerce also has offices in Portland, Oregon, and Philadelphia. For further information, visit www.monsooncommerce.com.
Join a great place to work and grow! If you're passionate about e-commerce, and want to work with a team of people dedicated to helping online merchants succeed, consider a career with us. We are privately held and focused on results. We have a positive, open, honest, and supportive company culture. Located in [Emeryville, California, we are easily accessible by BART, Amtrak, bus, car, or bike]. Monsoon Commerce offers competitive benefits and compensation, including stock options. If you would like to come work as a team member whose creativity and insights will make a difference; we'd love to hear from you.
In this role you will help design, build, and maintain our various web sites, including our primary eCommerce site alibris.com. We have a large infrastructure in place and we're always adding new features. You will help design, code, and support ongoing development. We use an Agile process, so you'll attend scrums and planning meetings. We have an exceptional team with whom you'll work closely to create great code, solid products, and good vibes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with business owners, UI designers, developers, and QA to ensure smooth movement of new features from idea through launch
- Troubleshoot and support existing systems as needed
- Occasional off-hours and weekend work
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years experience as a Java developer with 3+ years experience in a J2EE application server
- 2+ years experience with major RDBMS platforms and the ability to write and read SQL and stored procedures (especially MSSQL and Oracle 11g)
- Architecture and design experience employing software development best practices
- Strong object-oriented design skills; familiar with common design patterns
- Experience using bug-tracking systems and version-control software
- Able to accurately estimate work, write specs before coding, and document code and systems during and after coding
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity working in a Unix environment, preferably Linux
Nice to have:
- Experience with BEA/Oracle WebLogic v.10+ Bonus for WebLogic Portal
- Experience with ANT and Maven for building and deploying applications in a web environment
- Experience working in retail domain, developing internet based websites
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS. Stuff our lawyers say you need to know. The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment. Some stress may occur.
- Occasional travel.
- Dog, plant and fish friendly environment
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or fax to Attn: HR Manager at 510-550-6054.