Job Title: Senior QA Engineer
Location: Emeryville, CA or Portland, OR
Reports to: Director, QA
FLSA Status: Exempt
About Monsoon Commerce
Monsoon Commerce is an e-commerce solutions company powering the online success of merchants. Our solutions help you achieve:
- Multi-channel Simplicity - Streamline your inventory, order, and fulfillment operations across all your channels.
- Marketplace Mastery - Sell more products in more places through leading online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Buy.com.
- Outsourced Expansion - Increase selection and market share through advanced marketplace, supply chain, and fulfillment solutions.
Monsoon Commerce also owns and operates Alibris (www.alibris.com, www.alibris.co.uk), the premier online marketplace for independent sellers of books, music, and movies. An Internet Retailer Top 150 business, Alibris connects millions of consumers to tens of thousands of sellers from over 50 countries.
Our more than 20,000 customers span virtually every online category are comprised of marketplace-only sellers and 2500 online merchants and multi-channel retailers including more than 100 of the Internet Retailer 1000. In partnering with Monsoon Commerce, our customers commonly experience a level of success that is both impactful and enduring—at times, even transformational. We call it the Monsoon Effect.
With corporate headquarters in the San Francisco Bay area, Monsoon Commerce also has offices in Portland, Oregon, and Philadelphia. For further information, visit www.monsooncommerce.com.
Join a great place to work and grow! If you’re passionate about e-commerce, and want to work with a team of people dedicated to helping online merchants succeed, consider a career with us. We are privately held and focused on results. We have a positive, open, honest, and supportive company culture. Located in [Emeryville, California, we are easily accessible by BART, Amtrak, bus, car, or bike]. Monsoon Commerce offers competitive benefits and compensation, including stock options. If you would like to come work as a team member whose creativity and insights will make a difference; we’d love to hear from you.
Monsoon Commerce is looking for a talented individual to fill the role of Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. The Senior QA Engineer will have the important role of furthering Monsoon Commerce’s QA process by developing test plans, executing tests and reporting results in order to ensure the high quality level of new and existing Monsoon Commerce software products and backend services. In addition, the Senior QA Engineer will use their technical expertise to identify areas where automation can improve test coverage, and will help design and implement programs to automate testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Define and execute the testing strategy for Monsoon Commerce's next generation merchant platform
- Optimize the testing approach for SaaS implementations in a cloud hosted context
- Facilitate team defect and story prioritization in the context of risk assessment and business impact
- Help define areas of testing where automation would be of the greatest benefit with the least need to regularly reconfigure the automation infrastructure
- Use clear technical judgment in working with the Dev and QA teams to design, maintain and execute automated and manual test cases based on minimal specifications
- Enter reproducible defects into tracking software
- Work with development team to ensure the successful reproduction/resolution of defects
- Follow-up and verify resolved defects
- Complete process improvement projects as assigned by project leads
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Expert QA toolkit, including test plan development, test case development and implementation of functional, regression and performance test suites
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, etc
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle
- 2+ years experience with automated testing strategies, especially automated regression strategies
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Testing of object oriented applications and services, including Java, Ruby on Rails, Python
- Familiar with release engineer processes and tools (e.g. Capistrano, Maven, Ant, Teamcity)
- Experience with open source test automation tools highly desired
- Experience with load and performance testing highly desired
- Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels
- A demonstrated ability to deliver high quality products on time with a strong customer focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster teamwork and build productive work relationships
- Self-directed, reliable, with exceptional follow-through. Accomplishes tasks with excellence. Meets commitments and responsibilities
- Strong problem solving, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- BA, BS or equivalent
- Willingness to quickly become a member of the team and to become personally invested in getting the job done in anticipation of seeing Monsoon Commerce and its customers thrive.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and listen and learn from stakeholders including customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and incorporate Monsoon Commerce values in everyday work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS. Stuff our lawyers say you need to know. The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment. Some stress may occur.
- Occasional travel.
- Dog, plant and fish friendly environment
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com,
or fax to Attn: HR Manager at 510-550-6054.