Alibris Enhances Inventory Management Capabilities for Independent Sellers
Book, music, and movie sellers at the online marketplace now have access to the free "My Inventory Manager" suite of listing-optimizing tools
EMERYVILLE, CA—May 12, 2009—Alibris has launched a new inventory-management center designed to help independent sellers manage their online businesses and sell more books, music, and movies. "My Inventory Manager" (MIM) is available at no additional charge to Alibris sellers and empowers them with dynamic, powerful tools that improve the salability of their items.
A single Web service, MIM consists of seven unique inventory-management tools. This suite of proprietary features enables sellers to use Alibris as their inventory system of record and improves the likelihood of selling their new, hard-to-find, out-of-print, rare, and used books, music, and movies. Instead of paying for desktop software, Alibris sellers have free access to the following functions:
- Create online inventory listings based on an extensive catalog of over 11 million ISBNs (and ISBN equivalents) and 2 million music and movie UPCs. Free-form entry is also available.
- Upload images associated with inventory to merchandise such items.
- Research inventory statistics, including current market prices, recent sales data, current sales performance, and other characteristics of any for-sale ISBN or UPC.
- Download inventory files into common formats for online and offline uses.
- Automatically reprice inventory weekly, monthly, or quarterly, according to seller preferences.
"Alibris has long been a leader in listening to independent sellers and giving them the tools they need to list better and sell more," said Brian Elliott, President and Chief Executive Officer of Alibris. "My Inventory Manager" aggregates the tools we've developed and improved over a decade of online book, music, and movie sales into a single, one-stop suite for our sellers."
Many online sellers pay for inventory-management software. With Alibris acting as the inventory system of record, selling through multiple channels is easy. "Our research shows that Alibris is both the best value and easiest venue for independent sellers online," said Elliott. "MIM is free to Alibris sellers; they don't need to pay extra for software. MIM's tools make listing, selling, and managing inventory an intuitive and, we hope, rewarding experience."
Alibris is the premier online marketplace for independent sellers of new and used books, music, and movies, as well as rare and out-of-print titles. Read more about us.